The support of family, friends and others (co-survivors) can be helpful as you go through breast cancer diagnosis, treatment and beyond. Remember, you are not alone. There are many support services available to assist you on this journey, including:
• 1-877 GO KOMEN, is a free breast care helpline offering professional support services to anyone with breast health and breast cancer concerns, including breast cancer patients and their families. Our trained and caring staff are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST. TDD available.
• The Co-Survivor section of Komen’s national website offers friends and family members a place to share tips and advice as well as personal stories from others who have been in similar situations.
• BreastCancerTrials.org was developed specifically for women and men interested in breast cancer trials and is a non-profit service that is dedicated to providing accurate information about breast cancer clinical trials.
• Did you know that there are many financial resources that can help people living with breast cancer? Find out more.
Northeast Ohio Face 2 Face Network
Susan G. Komen Northeast Ohio and the Young Survival Coalition have joined forces to offer a new support group for young women with breast cancer.
The Face 2 Face Network is a peer-led support group that will:
• Provide an outlet for young women diagnosed with breast cancer under the age of 45
• Focus on the unique needs and challenges facing young breast cancer survivors
• Provide resources, connections, and education so women feel supported, empowered, and hopeful
• Work to ensure no young woman faces breast cancer alone
The Face 2 Face Network meetings will take place on the fourth Thursday of every month from 6:00-7:30pm at:
Komen Northeast Ohio
26210 Emery Road, Suite 307
Warrensville Heights, OH 44128
2015 Meeting Dates:
|January--no meeting||May 28||September 24|
|February 26||June 25||October 22|
|March 26||July 23||November--no meeting|
|April 23||August 27||December--no meeting|