Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, the world's largest breast cancer organization, awarded more than $100 million in research grants last year, representing the largest single-year investment in research in the organization's 26-year history and a 30 percent increase over the previous year’s award total of $77 million. The 2008 grants slate moves Komen for the Cure closer to accomplishing its goal of investing another $2 billion in breast cancer research and community health programs by 2017.
Up to 75% of the net proceeds raised through the Northeast Ohio Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® each year stays in Northeast Ohio through grants made to local organizations that provide breast health education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25% of the net proceeds support the Komen Research and Awards Program.
Any not-for-profit organization that provides breast health and/or breast cancer education, screening, or treatment services within the 22 county service area of the Northeast Ohio Affiliate may apply for a grant.